Electrical Network Design
Place: Tarkwa, Ghana
Date: 13th of October, 2016
Course fees: 500 € / person
(Includes one-day training, training materials, coffee breaks and lunch.)
Instructor: Mr. Fono Jules
Language: English. As the software is in English all supports will be written in English
The duration of the course is 1 day. 7 hours of professional training.
Public and technical background required
Newcomers and also those who want to improve their skills in electrical network design.
· Engineering professionals,
· Research personnel in industry, utilities, universities and consulting companies involved in power systems studies,
· Professionals from power transmission, distribution and production companies,
· Post-graduated students..
The objective of this course is to:
· Give to participants general information on electrical network operation and design.
· Train the participants on how to use CYME software to design an electrical network.
– Nature and operation of electrical networks.
– Overview of the main phenomenon in electrical networks.
– How to model the main equipment for standard analysis: Substation, line/cable, transformer, load, generator, motor.
– Overview of the basic analysis:
· Load flow and load allocation
· Short circuit
· Optimal capacitor bank placement
· Load growth
· Load balancing
Introduction to CYME software.
Case study : design of the distribution network of a new town.
– Modelling of the substation.
– Modelling of lines, loads, transformer, etc…
– Load flow and load allocation.
– Short circuit calculation.
– Optimal capacitor placement.
– Load growth.
– Load balancing.
– Questions / Answers.
University of Mines and Technology (UMaT), Tarkwa, Ghana
UMaT Auditorium, Seminar Room
Computer and temporary licenses:
Each participant will have to bring a personal computer.
Powersys will provide a temporary licenses for the duration of the course to experiment real cases guided by the instructor.
General conditions for training:
Please register as early as possible if you plan to attend the course. As soon as the minimum of participants is reached, POWERSYS will confirm the training. Participants will have to pay 50% in advance before the training. The outstanding balance will be due 30 days after the end of the course. Payment will be made by bank transfer or credit card.
Cancellation can be made according to POWERSYS’ General Conditions for courses:
Withdrawal from the Course:
In case you cannot attend the course after having registred, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com
In case of cancellation three weeks OR MORE before the beginning of the course, the participants will not be charged.
In case of cancellation less than three weeks before the beginning of the course, POWERSYS will charge the participant 50% of the course fees.
Please note that POWERSYS will not reimburse any travel and/or accommodation expenditure in case of cancellation of the course. We recommend you to make your travel arrangements once the course is confirmed.
Contact for any additional information:
Please feel free to contact us for any further information firstname.lastname@example.org
26/08/16 | See other news about POWERSYS