Substation Grounding Grid Design
Place: Tarkwa, Ghana
Date: 12th of October, 2016
Course fees: 500 € / person
(Includes one-day training, training materials, coffee breaks and lunch.)
Instructor: Mr. Fono Jules
Language: English. As the software is in English all supports will be written in English
The duration of the course is 1 day. 7 hours of professional training.
Public and technical background required
New comers and also those who want to improve their skills in substation grounding grid design.
· Engineering professionals,
· Research personnel in industry, utilities, universities and consulting companies involved in power systems studies,
· Professionals from power transmission, distribution and production companies,
· Post-graduated students.
The objective of this course is to:
· Give to participants general grounding grid design technics.
· Train participants on how to use CYMGRD software to design a new grounding grid.
– Overview of technics for grounding grid design.
– Overview of the IEEE 80 2013 guide for safety in AC substation grounding.
– The main steps to design a new grounding grid system.
– Presentation of CYMGRD and its analytical modules.
– Practical case: Design of a new grounding grid system.
– Uniform or two-layer soil model from field measurements or userdefined values.
– Finite element analysis of the ground grid conductors and rods.
– Touch and surface potential analysis, inside and outside the grid perimeter, with color display in 2D or 3D representation.
– Safety assessment calculations for maximum permissible touch and step voltages as per IEEE 80 2013.
– Questions / Answers.
University of Mines and Technology (UMaT), Tarkwa, Ghana
UMaT Auditorium, Seminar Room
Computer and temporary licenses:
Each participant will have to bring a personal computer.
Powersys will provide a temporary licenses for the duration of the course to experiment real cases guided by the instructor.
General conditions for training:
Please register as early as possible if you plan to attend the course. As soon as the minimum of participants is reached, POWERSYS will confirm the training. Participants will have to pay 50% in advance before the training. The outstanding balance will be due 30 days after the end of the course. Payment will be made by bank transfer or credit card.
Cancellation can be made according to POWERSYS’ General Conditions for courses:
Withdrawal from the Course:
In case you cannot attend the course after having registred, please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of cancellation three weeks OR MORE before the beginning of the course, the participants will not be charged.
In case of cancellation less than three weeks before the beginning of the course, POWERSYS will charge the participant 50% of the course fees.
Please note that POWERSYS will not reimburse any travel and/or accommodation expenditure in case of cancellation of the course. We recommend you to make your travel arrangements once the course is confirmed.
Contact for any additional information:
Please feel free to contact us for any further information email@example.com
26/08/16 | See other news about POWERSYS