JMAG Advanced Training
Date: 4th of October, 2016
Location: Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy
Duration: One day (9:00AM to 16:30PM)
The objective of the ADVANCED Training is to give JMAG users additional specific knowledge in order to improve their use of JMAG. The training will be based on the customer’s applications and needs or a mix of theory and exercises. Participants will be able to use JMAG. Some temporary licenses will be provided for the duration of the training.
JMAG users who currently work with JMAG and then wish to improve their use of JMAG Designer.
09:00 – 10:30 AM: Introduction and review of JMAG V15.1 features:
- Capabilities for PM Motor Design:
- Motor Design using JMAG Express
- Practical Exercise 1: 2D IPM motor
- Optimization design
10:30 – 10:45 AM: Coffee Break
10:45 – 12:30 PM:
- Capabilities for PM Motor Design: (Next)
- Practical Exercise 2: Actuator and 2D IPM motor
- Advanced Iron Loss Calculation technics
- Practical Exercise 3: Iron loss comparisons on IPM motors
12:30 – 13:30 PM: Lunch
13:30 – 15:20 PM:
- Noise and Vibration
- Small multi-physics: 1D Thermal Equivalent Circuit
- Thermal analysis & Magneto-thermal coupling
- Practical Exercise 4: Induction heating analysis
15:20 – 15:30 PM: Coffee Break
15:30 – 16:30 PM: JMAG Coupling Simulations:
- With MATLAB/Simulink
- With PSIM
Licensing & Computers:
Each participant will have to bring a personal computer.
JMAG temporary licenses will be provided for the duration of the course.
Dipartimento Energia / Energy Department
Politecnico di Torino, C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 24,
10129 Turin, Italy