JMAG Basic Training
Date: 3th of October, 2016
Location: Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy
Duration: One day (9:00AM to 18:00PM)
The objective of the BASIC Training is to give new JMAG users a general overview of JMAG Designer. From the creation of the shape to the analysis of results, all basic functions will be explored. Some general application examples and exercises will be used during the training.
The training will be a mix of theory, demonstrations and exercises.
New JMAG users and/or people who wish to discover JMAG.
09:00 – 10:30 AM: Introduction
- Presentation of POWERSYS Solutions & JSOL:
- General presentation of JMAG:
- JMAG Platform
- Modeling features
- Advanced GUI
- Practical Exercise 1: Sample 2D/3D Magnet
- Material Modelling
- Circuit Modelling
- Practical Exercise 2: 3D Wire conductors & Coils
10:30 – 10:45 AM: Coffee Break
10:45 – 12:30 PM: General presentation of JMAG: (Next)
- High Controllable Mesh
- Practical Exercise 3: Mesh of geometries from 1 & 2
- Calculation Settings & Post-processing
- Practical Exercise 4: Run models from 1 & 2
12:30 – 13:30 PM: Lunch
13:30 – 15:30 PM: Practical Exercise sessions:
- 2D PM Motor analysis
- Parametric Analysis on a 2D PM Motor
- 3D PM Motor analysis
- Standard Iron Loss Calculations of PM Motor
15:30 – 15:45 PM: Coffee Break
15:45 – 18:00 PM: Practical Exercises: (Next)
- Wireless Power Transfer
Licensing & Computers:
Each participant will have to bring a personal computer.
JMAG temporary licenses will be provided for the duration of the course.
Dipartimento Energia / Energy Department
Politecnico di Torino, C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 24,
10129 Turin, Italy